Thursday, July 18, 2013

Operation Cronut


Just look at this bad boy. 
Today started like every other Friday. My carefully designed timetable meant that I had a grand total of zero classes today, so I had a lovely morning sleeping in and reading. My flatmate came home around lunchtime, suggesting we go through with previous plans to introduce her to Moore Wilson's. And boy am I glad we went.

I recently discovered the cronut had made its way to sunny Wellington and had sneakily planted the idea that we had to try one. The choice of baked goodies was mouthwatering and hard. If I didn't have a mission, I could've spent a very long time pondering the merits of each tart, éclair, and custard square. But I had a mission. Called Operation Cronut. 

Bordeaux Bakery's cronut is a doughnut shaped croissant... 

... filled with custard and covered in cinnamonny sugar.


Oh my. I am pleased to announce that Operation Cronut was successful, as I managed to force the whole thing down. It tasted like happiness.


Once I figure out the world of pastry, I will return to conquer the cronut. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment