Monday, January 21, 2013

Dirty name no longer pending

There's nothing like coming home at the end of the day to a refreshing cocktail. Mother introduced me to Pimms a few years ago and it quickly became our drink of choice over marathon games of Kings or Scrabble. On my long drive home, I thinking about different ways of mixing Pimms; we usually drink it with ginger ale and lemonade. A family friend (whose fabulous tarts have previously been pictured on this blog) gave Mum a pot of this herbal tea for Christmas: 


Eastern Sunshine is a fab smelling blend which includes pineapple pieces, lemongrass and pink peppercorns. It also comes in this gorgeous little container.



To make a cocktail for mother and myself, I steeped half a cup of tea for a few minutes, then put in the fridge to cool it down. Twirl a few shakes of bitters with some ice around each glass, then add a shot of Pimms. Add the cooled tea and equal parts Mac's sour apple fizz and ginger ale, then top each glass off with half a lemon and a sprig of mint. 


I brainstormed dirty names for this concoction for a while (Mum was very keen on incorporating 50 Shades of whatever into the title...). However, after seeing the glory that is Les Mis and admiring Sacha Baron Cohen, I decided my new drink can be called the Master of the 'Ouse. Coz Pimms really does rule our roost ( and it's the same colour as Baron Cohen's hair in the the movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment